Two, 2 year-fixed term full time positions focused on creating links with existing woodland owners who are underutilising their woodlands.
Pryor and Rickett Silviculture manage over 35,000 hectares of woodland throughout Great Britain. The properties managed are remarkably diverse, ranging from species rich ancient broadleaved woods to extensive conifer plantations, and from small farm woodlands to whole estates.
After a record year throughout the country, we seek 2 Woodland Project Developers in regions of:
- Staffordshire / Cheshire
The project aims to increase the number of woodlands which are under active management and in doing so increase their biodiversity and economical resilience. These roles will be home based reporting to our Carlisle and Shropshire Offices.
The manager will focus on developing relationships and prospects with owners and or agents / land managers in the larger woodlands within target areas. Targeting work will involve:
- Developing a landowner information pack.
- Targeted meetings with Land agents / Farm management contacts to follow up, identify and contact owners through rural networks
- Follow up meetings to inspect / visit owners and woodlands
- Gather information in relation to owner objectives and specific woodland metrics to support;
- The creation of a simple management plans, utilising the MyForest platform
- Development of budget proposals including grants / timber income and woodland expenditure.
All post holders would be expected to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the rural environment
- Previous sales experience essential
- Customer focus, the ability to actively listen and deliver accurately to meet the needs of the client
- Critical thinking to solve problems
- Computer literate: Microsoft 365 Suite of applications
- A full clean UK driving licence and a willingness to travel to other parts of the UK if required.
- Use of own vehicle for project activities.
In return we offer a very competitive employment package as detailed below:
- 2 Year fixed term contract – with the provision of further employment
- Training support from experienced professionals
- Salary depending upon experience
- Business mileage paid as per Government Travel Guidance – mileage fuel rates and allowances
- Company pension
- Phone and laptop.
Applications should be submitted in writing along with CV and directed to email@example.com
Closing Date: 4th August 2021.
Planned interview dates (by video conference): week commencing the 9th August 2021.
If you have specific questions, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about the role.